Trans Support Group Online is a TRANS LIVE ONLINE VIDEO Support Group is designed to help you connect, face-to-face via webcam, with others who have similar goals, experiences, and challenges on the path to making peace with your gender, or your partner’s gender. This unique video support is accessible to trans-identified people and support for partners of trans people, from anywhere on earth that you have an internet connection. No more worries about coming from a small town and having to drive three hours to the closest city to find a support group. This online group will allow for subgroups of people to allow smaller groups to meet separately (privately) to discuss the topics that are relevant to you. You can request a small group breakout, or you can join one of the breakout groups that are created based on the support group attendance: the standard breakout groups will include: MTF, FTM, Partners and if enough are present, then non-binary.
Next Trans Support Meeting is in
WHAT CAN I EXPECT IN A SUPPORT MEETING?
The Trans Support Group Online will start with all participants in the same zoom.us video room (up to 50 videos can be online at one time, so we have room to grow!)
- All participants will start in the same zoom room, with Michele O’Mara.
- If enough participants are in attendance, subgroups will be created and those with similar interests and concerns will be placed in private breakout rooms by Dr. O’Mara.
- If the subgroups are created, Dr. O’Mara will be available to move between the different groups to address questions or assist with developing topics for discussion.
- Often, participants will choose to continue discussions in the Trans Support Group Online after the meeting official ends. (Think of this as hanging out, talking, after a meeting you’ve attended ends).
- Dr. O’Mara will not always be available for the entire duration of the meetings. Rather than cancel the support meetings, however, she will assist with the meeting startup and assign participants to breakout rooms when needed.
CAN I CANCEL THE MONTHLY PASS AT ANY TIME?
DO SPOUSES ATTEND THE SAME MEETINGS AS TRANS PEOPLE?
If two or more spouse/
IS THIS CONSIDERED A THERAPY GROUP?
No. This is a unique hybrid group that is coaching oriented and it is not considered therapy, despite the fact that Michele O’Mara is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker, and does provide clinical services such as assessment and referral for HRT and Gender Confirming Surgeries. The goal of the Trans Support Online group is to encourage healthy, uplifting and supportive self-help experiences for those who were misgendered at birth, and are seeking to live an authentic life, as well as for their spouses/partners. Because this is not therapy, insurance will not cover this. This resource is not an appropriate place to get support for suicidal feelings or emotional instability. The expectation is that you have therapeutic support in addition to meeting attendance; and that this is not the sole resource you are relying on for your emotional stability and well-being.
WILL THIS COUNT TOWARD GETTING A LETTER OF REFERRAL FOR HRT OR GCS?
DO I GET CREDIT FOR MISSED MEETINGS ON THE MONTHLY PASS?
No. Because you have the option to establish your own monthly rate for access to TSO and there are three different support options (24/7 chat, weekly video support meetings online, and the Trans Forum), refunds or credits are not provided for unused meetings. You do, however, have the option to cancel your membership at any time.
WHAT ARE THE ONLINE LIVE FACE-TO-FACE MEETING DAYS AND TIMES?
Meetings are held on WEDNESDAYS from
All meetings are in Eastern Standard Time (check current EST here).
Weekly for the first, second, third and fourth Wednesdays of the month. All meetings are in Eastern Standard Time and start at 5:30 pm on Wed’s (except for the 5th Wed’s of the month when applicable).
Everyone, no matter how rurally-located, can now get quality support and connection to others who are experiencing what you are. If you have a smartphone, a tablet, or a computer with an internet connection, you can access these meetings no matter where you live.
Meetings are priced according to what you can afford. The minimum fee is $5 a month, which is $1.25 a week.
- Professionally organized live video support meeting with Gender Specialist Michele O’Mara, and your peers; 24/7
- Access to live peer texting chats 24/7
- Access to Member Forum 24/7 where you can share experiences, ask questions and learn new resources and strategies
In an effort to meet the various needs of folks, we will start each meeting as a large group and then divide into smaller breakout groups based on the participant needs. We can divide by gender orientation, pre or post surgery, as well as a sub-group for spouses and partners. Because we can break-out into sub-groups, my hope is to better meet the specific needs of everyone affected by the gender issues involved.