Marriage Retreats and Workshops for Lesbian Couples
FEB 24-25, 2018 (SAT 12pm-5pm and SUN 9:30am-4pm)
WORKSHOPS and COUNSELING FOR LESBIAN COUPLES
ARE, “FOR BETTER,
OR FOR WORSE”
WHY NOT CHOOSE
Lovers live love.
They are in it like
rain is in raining and
smiles are in smiling.
As a Certified Imago Therapist, a Gottman Trained therapist, and a Clinical Sexologist, Michele O’Mara is uniquely qualified to assist you in caring for your relationship. In addition to couples counseling (both in-office, and online), Dr. O’Mara has created two powerful lesbian-specific couples workshops designed to heal, empower, valdiate, and grow your love and connection. (Go here for more information about Michele)
LESBIAN COUPLES COUNSELING
Relationship counseling for lesbians is available with Dr. O’Mara either online or in-office. Visit here for more information about lesbian couples counseling. Or, if you wish to schedule an appointment, you can visit her online client portal at www.omaratime.com.
LESBIAN COUPLES WORKSHOP OPTIONS
The Lesbian Couples Workshop
In this workshop, you will submurge yourself in a compassionate environment of other lesbian couples where you will learn specific skills, resources information and exercises designed specifically for same-sex female couples.
- spend a weekend with other couples that you can relate to and feel safe with
- discover new skills,and information about improving your relationship
- discuss topics specific to lesbians – such as friendships with ex’s, dealing with families of origin, negotiating time together and apart, and more…
- practice new fail-proof ways to communicate
- discover how the imago theory can change your whole understanding of your relationship
- learn relevant scientific, long-term reserach conducted by John Gottman
Soul-Inspired Couples Workshop
As a teacher and practitioner of the Law of Attraction, this workshop is a very original and deeply passionate exploration of what it means to be a soul-inspired couple.
- discover the power available to you and your partner to create the relationship of your dreams
- learn a new way to practice loving one another
- experience greater satisfaction and joy by feeling exactly as you wish to feel about yourself and your relationship
- awaken to your soul’s calling and discover your partner’s soul’s calling
- learn how to support one another in loving as big, as generously, and as fully as your hearts can stand
CREATE THE RELATIONSHIP YOU DESIREREGISTER at least 30 days prior to the weekend to save $100
You’ve got Questions. We’ve Got Answers.
What are the WORKSHOP DATES AND TIMES?
THE NEXT LESBIAN COUPLES WOKRSHOP DATE IS TBA.
THE NEXT SOUL-INSPIRED LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS WORKSHOP IS ON FEBRUARY 24-25TH, 2018
- Saturday, FEBRUARY 24th 12:00pm-5:00PM
- Sunday, January 14th 9:30am-4:00pm
On Saturday we will provide light snacks to get you through the afternoon.
On Sunday, we will take a 60 minute break, mid-day, usually noon-1:00pm.
What Can I expect to gain from the LESBIAN COUPLES WORKSHOP?
- Learn the 10 essential ingredients of an outstanding relationship and how to incorporate them in your day-to-day life
- Learn new skills to improve your communication and connection with your partner
- Identify potential blocks in your sex life, and identify pathways to re-awaken the erotic energy in your relationship
- Identify undressed resentments and learn skills to resolve them
- Participate in your own in-depth relationship assessment
- Create a personalized relationship improvement plan
- Enjoy a fun weekend spent with other lesbian couples in a comfortable setting
What can we expect to gain from the SOUL-INSPIRED Relationships workshop?
In this workshop, you will …
- identify how to use the law of attraction to greatly improve your relationship
- learn how to use your personal GPS system to guide your relationship in the most satisfying direction for both of you
- discover how to nurture the truest, most positive narative about each other, your interractions, and your relationship
- develop the ability to tap into your desires and use this to fuel a more connected and meaningful relationship
- uncover the power of using an appreciative focus in your relationship
- learn the surprising benefits of allowing for both yourself, and your partner
- create a shared vision for your most soul-inspired relationship
Will we have to talk about our personal issues in front of other couples?
Which workshop is best for us right now?
You may already have a strong relationship and use the Lesbian Couples Workshop as a way to tune-in to, and tune-up, your relationship, or you may be struggling to find your way back to each other. There will be a mixture of couples – some functioning better than others, but all with a desire to improve their relationship!
The Soul-Inspired Relationship is designed for stable couples who are interested in growing an even stronger relationship and experiencing a new level of connection and understanding of one another. This is an excellent option for lesbian couples who are not particularly concerned about their relationship, yet find it valuable to keep nurturing it and learning new skills to deepen your connection and the strength of your relationship.
Can you describe what the workshop will be like once we are there?
What makes this such a good financial investment in our relationship?
How does a workshop compare to couple’s counseling?
Though this is not counseling, and in many ways it is more like an intensive class on relationships, these couples workshop do offer you all of the benefits of counseling and more. The workshops are designed to bring out the best in both you and your partner, for the good of your relationship.
Other than the fact this sounds like exactly what we need, are there other compelling reasons to do a workshop?
- Receive 75% more for your investment than you would in couples counseling – and gain more immediately useful information to put into action right now. For the same cost as 2.5 couple’s counseling sessions, you can receive 12 hours of tools, education, counseling and a rare opportunity for peer-couples support and inclusion in a community of health-oriented couples! 12 hours of couple’s counseling = $1560 or 12 hours of couple’s weekend = $550 ($275 each), if you register 15 days in advance, or $650 ($325 each) if you register less than 15 days prior to the workshop.
- Expedite your healing, insight, and relationship growth. Receive three months worth of counseling in one weekend by attending The Couples Workshop!!
- Enjoy the benefit of learning from other couples, their experiences, and gain insight and support from other couples that you can not get anywhere else!
- It is actually not only beneficial to your relationship, it is an enjoyable experience, and you are sure to laugh and meet new friends.
If we are traveling from out of town, do you have any tips about where to stay?
What do couples who have done these workshops have to say about it?
- “I learned a huge, vulnerable spot for [my partner] and saw how it plays out in our relationship. Also, I identified a big hole in my past that affects how I connect with her.”
- “Michele was funny, entertaining, and so wise with wonderful words of wisdom, compassion and understanding.”
- “You must be willing to explore your inner depths. If you are willing, you will be rewarded many times over.”
- “I have learned many things about my partner and myself that I didn’t have a clue this is why I sometimes act the way we do. The communication style is going to be helpful for us!”
- “This experience was life changing!!!”
- “It was phenomenal.”
“You have to do this! I wished it wasn’t ending. It can change your life. It will raise your awareness about yourself and your partner to a new level.”
“It is enlightening, very helpful. I am incredibly hopeful for our relationship after attending.”
“It is enlightening, challenging, and well worth the time to make your relationship better. I learned more about effective communication with my partner than I’ve ever known in 5 years together.”
“The weekend was very informative and enlightening. I felt grateful, inspired and emotionally connected. Although I felt vulnerable at times, I also felt growth within myself and my partner. The relaxed feeling/environment made me feel more comfortable sharing.”
“Wow…enlightening. More than I ever expected. I learned more about my partner and myself than I could have imagined or would have been able to on my own.”
“It wasn’t what I expected and I am pleasantly surprised with how much I learned about myself and my partner.”
This workshop was amazing! It makes you realize you are not alone in your struggles as a couple and as a lesbian. It was just an amazingly comfortable atmosphere!
This has changed the trajectory in our relationship. While therapy sessions can help, setting aside this amount of time, learning the tools, and doing it with other couples is the perfect combination to learn and grow.
The moment I walked into the conference room, I felt like everything would be OK. It was powerful for me to see the other couples sitting there and know they were there because they too need support. The sense of community was a comfort to me.
The workshop was very informative and insightful and well worth the time and money spent. The environment was such that you felt safe to express issues without feeling judgement. I would highly recommend this workshop to anyone who is having issues in their relationship. This workshop gives you the tools to truly begin to understand not only your partner, but yourself, in a way you’ve never considered before.
The workshop was educational, positive, and encouraging. Dr O, is a pioneer in couples therapy.
Here's to hoping you'll join us soon!
If the options are, “for better or for worse,” we choose BETTER!