FLORIDA LESBIAN COUPLES RETREAT
Growing Relationships that Align How You Live and Love with Who You (Really) Are
Finding a skilled lesbian couples coach or counselor is no small feat. Add a pandemic to the mix and if you’re lucky, you’ll get on a waiting list to get help for your relationship.
Now that it is safe to gather again, we are offering our first retreat since early 2020. This time, we are headed to FLORIDA! This Lesbian Couples Retreat is part vacation-getaway and part intensive, customized help for your relationship! We have room for five couples – first come, first served!
We will gather for 4-days from October 13th to October 17th, 2021. You can expect to have a fantastic time, while nurturing your relationship with 15 hours of power-packed sessions designed to strengthen, repair and grow your relationship. Retreat sessions will be spread across the four days, allowing you time to play, relax, share meals with us, and adventure out on your own or with other couples.
Please Note: We are tracking the Covid-related events in Florida. Currently, we are planning to have the retreat as scheduled.
There are no bans on travel. To fly, you will need to show proof of vaccination or provide proof of a negative covid test that was conducted within 72 hours of boarding the plane and wear a mask.
We are committed to gathering safely and doing our part to reduce the spread of Covid. We ask that all retreat participants show proof of vaccination or wear a mask. If you opt to socialize outside around the pool, a mask is not required as long as you remain 6 feet apart from other couples.
Unless there is a ban on travel to FL, we intend to hold our retreat as planned. In the unlikely event that travel is banned, we will provide you a full refund of your registration payment.
“It’s a game changer for your relationship.”
Amanda Mellen (Austin, 2019)
We will gather in a spacious home (see photos), conveniently located 30 minutes from the Orlando International Airport. Each couple will have their own king-sized bed and room with a private bath.
“A mind-blowing experience in which I felt that Michele nurtured the relationship and our love for each other while gentling leading us to truths about ourselves.”
Frankie – Jackson, NJ (Burwell, NE 2018)
WHERE WE WILL BE GATHERING
(exact address provided upon registration)
“I learned more about functional couple’s communication in one weekend than I have in over thirty years of working in the mental health field! I feel so fortunate to have attended during the early phases of a relationship so we can use the tools to lean into this love with confidence! THANK YOU!!”
N. – Fishers, IN (Austin, 2019)
(CLICK ON DAY TO EXPAND THE SCHEDULE)
Wednesday | October 13, 2021
- 5:30pm-6:30pm | Check in to home and get settled
- 6:30 pm Retreat Begins
- 6:30pm-9:30pm Session 1 (3 hrs) *dinner included
Thursday | October 14, 2021
- 9:00am Breakfast* (included)
- 9:30am-12:30pm Session 2 (3 hours)
- Free Time 12:30pm – 6:00pm
- 6:00pm-9:00pm session 3 (3 hours) *dinner provided
Friday | October 15, 2021
- 9:00am Breakfast* (included)
- 9:30am-12:30pm Session 3 (3 hours)
- 12:30pm – On Free Time
Saturday | October 16, 2021
- 9:00am Breakfast* (included)
- 9:30am – 6:30 pm Free Time
- 6:00 pm to 9:00pm Closure Session (3)
Sunday | October 17, 2021
- 8:30 am Breakfast and Informal Goodbyes
- 9:00 am – 9:45 am Depart AirBnB
I highly recommend it! It doesn’t matter what stage your relationship is in, this experience will benefit you. We were able to open up in a way we haven’t been able to do on our own, and we continue to use the skills at home. The friends we made were an added bonus, we had such a good time! I feel so thankful for the experience. No matter how things turn out we are going to be better co-parents to Greyson because of the tools and knowledge we gained, so thank you, I accomplished my goal.
Angela - Texas (Burwell, NE Retreat October 2018)
What You Will Learn
- The 6 Lesbian LoveCodes and how to apply them to your relationship
- How to build a stronger relationship framework and foundation
- Strategies to neutralize conflicts
- Essential relationship habits
- How to restore and/or rebuild your connection
- The importance of fun and enjoyment
- What is realistic to expect from a relationship
- Necessary relationship boundaries
- How to align your choices with your priorities
- The best way to get your needs met
- Relationship fundamentals
- 15 Session Hours Led By Michele O’Mara, PhD
- Retreat Workbook for Each Participant
- 30-Minute Couples Coaching Consult with Michele O’Mara, PhD
- 4 Nights Lodging
- Shared Meals (breakfast each morning & 3 dinners)
- King Bedroom with Private Bath
- Onsite Pool Access
- Comfortable, confidential learning environment
- A whole lotta learnin’, fun and laughter
It was fantastic. I simply cannot put the experience into words, the best thing I can say is GO!!! Experience this wonderful retreat for yourself! Your life is sure to change for the better!
Tricia Williams, Rubicon, Wisconsin 2019)
Six Lesbian LoveCodes♥︎
The 6 Lesbian LoveCodes♥︎, developed by Michele O’Mara, Ph.D., offer you a step-by-step relationship transformation program that emphasizes what TO DO, rather than what to not do. With a fierce focus on WHAT WORKS, the learning process is more enjoyable. It always feels better when you set your sights on where you wish to head, rather than what you don’t want to be experiencing.
This retreat will introduce you to the fundamentals of a satisfying relationship and provide you specific tools and practices to create better behaviors, more effective communication, a more intimate connection, and a stronger relationship. Because you can not talk your way out of a relationship issue that you behaved your way into, we focus on the best relationship habits that, with practice, will lead you to lasting change and relationship satisfaction.
A feeling of fun, safety, and inclusion. Michele is highly skilled, real, and compassionate. The retreat allowed us to get real about our issues while making real progress in our relationship.
N. – Washington (Burwell, NE 2018)
The tools learned during the seminar are very applicable. Highly recommended! Good food, a wonderful mix of people, a good book to take home. Honestly, I wish it was longer!!
Lindsay Thorstenson, Buda, TX (Austin 2019)
We understand it is our responsibility to provide proof of vaccination as a requirement to attend the retreat.
- Full refund (minus a $150 cancellation fee) up to 90 days prior to the retreat
- 85% refund up to 60 days prior to the retreat start date
- Cancellations that occur less than 60 days prior to the retreat start date are non-refundable. In the event of an unavoidable crisis, such as illness or death of a loved one, you will be provided credit toward a future retreat. If we are not able to find a replacement for your room, the lodging expense we incur will be subtracted from any credit due.
A breakup does not qualify as a crisis or unavoidable event. Couples who break up prior to the workshop are encouraged to attend anyway and do not qualify for a refund or a credit if you are outside of the refund window.
IF WE CANCEL
In the unlikely event a workshop is canceled by Adventures in Love, a full refund for the workshop or credit for a future workshop (whichever you prefer), will be issued. There will be no reimbursement for the travel expenses you incur.
No reimbursement will be provided for transportation expenses you incur in the event the retreat is canceled for any reason.
INTERVIEWS, ARTICLES AND RECOGNITION BY: