Undeniably, the quality of our relationships makes or breaks our personal happiness.
Research tells us when our friendships and relationships are strong and healthy, life is good. On the other hand, when our relationships bring out the worst in us or when we lack social connections and friendships, we are prone to anxiety, depression and loneliness.
We are invested in creating the kind of happiness that grows from the inside out, starting with self-awareness and the effective expression of who you are. The foundation of The Happy Lesbian 101 is self-awareness, effective self-expression, gratitude, and forgiveness. In this workshop, you will develop skills to understand your thoughts and feelings better and how to express them effectively.
Our goal is to help you build relationships that foster happiness. We know this requires self-disclosure (revealing your thoughts, feelings and concerns). Without this level of disclosure, having friends or a partner would still feel lonely.
The Happy Lesbian 101 workshop is an introduction to the most important ingredient of healthy relationships: self-awareness and self-expression. This is also known as communication.
Great relationships are created by people who cultivate safe, accepting environments for reciprocal self-disclosure and revealing oneself to each other.
Would you like to learn how to:
Identify how you feel and what you need
- Notice whether or not your actions produce the outcomes you desire
- Develop skills to soothe yourself when you feel out-of-control
- Identify and eliminate ineffective and harmful self-protective behaviors
- Learn to listen with the sole purpose of understanding
Improve your capacity to see things from another person’s perspective
Access the goodness that’s already surrounding you in your life
Learn how to forgive, especially yourself
Convey a feeling of safety, belonging and acceptance to those you love
Open yourself to your own thoughts, feelings and needs and develop the skills to communicate them to your important others
Join us for this intensive one-day skill-building experience to develop healthier habits for better relationships.
What to You Will Learn
Develop skills to heighten your self-awareness
- Discover your emotional guidance system and how to use it
- Identify your needs and how to get them met
- Practice fail-proof communication skills
- Access the power of your voice and how to use it effectively to express yourself authentically and effectively
- Identify and eliminate roadblocks to meaningful connection
- Develop Self-Compassion and self-forgiveness
- Strengthen your gratitude and make this your superpower
This is For You If You Are
- ✔ Lesbian, bisexual, queer, non-binary, trans (no cis-males, please)
- ✔ Single, dating, committed, married, or it’s complicated
- ✔ Striving to be a more self-aware, confident, and effective communicator
- ✔ Interested in improving my relationship (current or future)
- ✔ Enjoy gathering with others and experiencing a sense of belonging, acceptance, and personal growth