Lesbian couples workshop
NEXT COUPLES WORKSHOP
next weekend tbd
(9:00am-4:30pm both days)
To be notified by email of the next available couple’s weekend, please click here.
What is The Couple’s Weekend?
As a Certified Imago Therapist, Michele O’Mara has created a unique blend of all that is amazing about the Getting the Love You Want Imago Therapy weekend, with specific skills, resources, information and exercises designed specially for same-sex couples. The weekend is an incredible opportunity for same-sex couples from across the United States to spend a weekend intentionally focused on creating (or improving) an OUTstanding relationship! The weekend is a unique blend of education (concrete skills, and information about improving your relationship), processing (discussion of the new skills and information shared), and exercises (done privately with your own partner – not in front of the group).
REGISTER at least 15 days prior to the weekend to save $100
What Can I expect to gain from The Weekend?
- Learn the 10 essential ingredients of an OUTstandingrelationship and how to apply them to your relationship
- Learn new skills to improve your communication and connection with your partner
- Participate in your own in-depth relationship review
- Create a personalized relationship improvement plan
- A fun weekend spent with other same-sex couples in a comfortable setting
Will we have to talk about our personal issues in front of other couples?
There will be opportunities for couples to volunteer to role-play a skill, but your level of disclosure about your relationship is entirely up to you. You do not have to share anything about your relationship with the other couples that you do not want to. I’d be remiss if I didn’t mention that your benefit directly correlates to your sharing, howwwwwever, the choice remains yours.
What kind of couples will be there?
The Weekend is open to gay and lesbian couples. This is a great resource for any couple. You may already have a strong relationship and use The Weekend as a way to tune-in to and tune-up your relationship, or you may be struggling to find your way back to each other. There will be a mixture of couples – some functioning better than others, but all with a desire to improve their relationship!
Can you describe what The Weekend will be like once we are there?
We will convene in a meeting room around a large table that is casual, intimate and functional. There will be breaks to stretch and snack (beverages/snacks provided).
There will be a blend of education (lectures), process (discussion about what we are learning as it applies to your relationship), and exercises. All exercises are done privately with your partner, separate from the group. Michele O’Mara will observe each couple doing their exercises and be available to guide and support your individual work.
What makes this such a good financial investment in our relationship?
This is less than half the cost of the equivalent amount of couple’s counseling! Payment plans are available if necessary, and we do accept Visa and Mastercard as payment options.
How does The Weekend compare to couple’s counseling?
The Weekend is about building OUTstanding relationships. The emphasis is on strengthening relationships, creating a hopeful, forward-moving momentum on which you can continue building and strengthening your relationship. Though this is not counseling, and in many ways it is more like an intensive class on relationships, The Weekend does offer you all of the benefits of counseling and more. The Weekend is designed to bring out the best in both you and your partner, for the good of your relationship.
WHY SHOULD WE SIGN UP FOR THIS?
- Receive 75% more for your investment. For the same cost as 2.5 couple’s counseling sessions, you can receive 12 hours of tools, education, counseling and a rare opportunity for peer-couples support and inclusion in a community of health-oriented couples! 12 hours of couple’s counseling = $1560 or 12 hours of couple’s weekend = $550 ($275 each), if you register 15 days in advance, or $650 ($325 each) if you register less than 15 days prior to the workshop.
- Expedite your healing, insight, and relationship growth. Receive three months worth of counseling in one weekend by attending The Couples Workshop!!
- Enjoy the benefit of learning from other couples, their experiences, and gain insight and support from other couples that you can not get anywhere else!
IF WE ARE TRAVELING FROM OUT-OF-TOWN, WHERE SHOULD WE STAY?
There is a brand new hotel that is literally within walking distance from the workshop, too. A call to them informed me that one-bed room is $59/night and two-bed room is roughly $65/night.
You can also explore hotels near the Indianapolis International Airport. The airport is less than ten minutes from the workshop location (which is 2680 E Main Street, Plainfield, IN 46168).
WHAT HAVE PEOPLE SAID ABOUT THE WEEKEND?
- “I learned a huge, vulnerable spot for [my partner] and saw how it plays out in our relationship. Also, I identified a big hole in my past that affects how I connect with her.”
- “Michele was funny, entertaining, and so wise with wonderful words of wisdom, compassion and understanding.”
- “You must be willing to explore your inner depths. If you are willing, you will be rewarded many times over.”
- “I have learned many things about my partner and myself that I didn’t have a clue this is why I sometimes act the way we do. The communication style is going to be helpful for us!”
- “This experience was life changing!!!”
- “It was phenomenal.”