WE NEED SUPPORT FOR OUR LESBIAN RELATIONSHIP AND WE HAVE NO LGBT THERAPISTS OR SAME-SEX COUNSELING SERVICES NEAR US
If you are not ready
WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN LGBT COUPLES COUNSELING AND
Coaching is similar to counseling with a few important differences between these services.
COUNSELING is designed to identify and treat mental health issues within the scope of diagnoses listed in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual which lists these so-called mental “disorders.” The focus of counseling is on “treating” mental health disorders and it requires a diagnosis. This is my least favorite way of working with people. However, it is what allows clients to receive reimbursement for counseling services. To read more about how I feel about this, click here.
COACHING is my preferred style of working with people. I am focused on helping individuals identify the life they wish to live, and supporting them in achieving this. The focus is not on what’s “wrong,” rather the focus is on where you want to head with your life. I provide both coaching and counseling services to both individuals and couples. If you wish to work on your relationship, and your wife or partner does not, you are wise to start the coaching process without her. It is common for the non-interested spouse or partner to change her mind and ultimately join you, and if she doesn’t, you will receive the support you need to make the next best choices for yourself.
WHAT CAN WE EXPECT FROM LESBIAN COUPLES COACHING?
* Assessment of the status of your relationship including your strengths and your vulnerabilities
* Identification of and prioritization of the areas of concern that pose the greatest obstacles to achieving your desired relationship
* Discovery of the power available to you to positively influence creating the relationship of your dreams (learn how you each contribute to your successes and your setbacks)
* Experience a deeper level of understanding and compassion and more and more moments of joy with one another
* Develop concrete skills and strategies to communicate more effectively, deepen your understanding of one another, and resolve perpetual conflicts that keep your relationship in turmoil
* Experience recovery, repair
* Create a shared roadmap that includes specific areas of focus, new behaviors, skills
HOW DO WE GET STARTED WITH ONLINE LESBIAN COUPLES COACHING?
1. GET REGISTERED. Visit omaratime.com to access my client portal. Register yourself.
2. SCHEDULE A SESSION TIME. After completing a quick sign-up, you can schedule the session time of your choice. The ideal session length is 85 minutes, but if your budget will not allow for this, you can choose a 50 minute instead.
3. COMPLETE THE COACHING FORMS 1-2 ON THE SECURE CLIENT PORTAL.
4. CHOOSE WHERE YOU WOULD LIKE TO MEET ONLINE. We can meet in the client portal, on FaceTime, Skype or in my zoom.us room.
5. MEET ONLINE AT THE TIME OF THE SESSION. Just as if you were visiting me in my office, we will meet online at our scheduled appointment time. (Be sure you’ve adjusted your time zone to reflect your time – my timezone is EST).
6. PRIOR TO OUR SESSION, PAY FOR THE INVOICE AUTOMATICALLY SENT BY THE CLIENT PORTAL. You will receive a session invoice from the client portal roughly a day or two before our scheduled session. This must be paid prior to the start of our session – even if just the minute before.
DO YOU OFFER EXTENDED POWER SESSION TO COUPLES WHO ARE STRUGGLING WITH INTENSIVE ISSUES SUCH AS INFIDELITY THAT WOULD LIKE TO MAKE IMMEDIATE PROGRESS QUICKLY?
YES. I am available on an individual basis to negotiate 4 to 6-hour power sessions with couples.
HOW MUCH DO SESSIONS COST?
50 minutes = $130
85 minutes = $205
120 minutes =$280 (for power sessions, add $120 for each additional hour)