If relationships are “for better or for worse, why not choose better?”
Lesbian Couples Retreats by Michele O’Mara, Ph.D. (learn more about Dr. O’Mara here) with the assistance of her wife, Kristen O’Mara. The Retreats offer a unique and customized experience for lesbian couples with specific attention to your relationship needs, goals and interests. How this works is, each partner of each couple will complete a pre-workshop survey. In this survey, you will identify your top areas of interest for participating in the workshop.
Some common areas of interest include:
- improving conflict skills – finding ways to resolve differences more effectively
- dissolving old resentments and hurts
- finding a balance between freedom and responsibility in relationships
- ]finding ways to feel more freedom in the context of a very close relationship
- division of labor around the house and different standards/needs regarding cleanliness and order
- dealing with the impact of old traumas and hurts that show up in your relationship
- feeling more connected
- chronic defensiveness, reactivity, and sensitivity to one another
- premarital preparation
- healing from infidelity
- reconnecting after adding children to the relationship
- regaining trust after a betrayal occurs (lying, drug use, infidelity, etc…)
- reviving our sex life
- improving communication
- resolving conflicts about boundaries with ex’s, with family and with other people, places, and things
- addressing issues that arise in blended family relationships
- co-parenting concerns
UNIQUE, CUSTOMIZED CONTENT FOR EACH RETREAT
Each workshop will cover a unique set of topics that will be based on the couples in attendance. You will receive a retreat workbook that is tailored specifically for just this retreat. The 12 hours of workshop sessions are set up to address at least one of the top three area’s of interest that are identified by each couple, and typically several couples will have similar interests (which makes these experiences very validating and empowering).
LAUGHTER. LEARNING. ADVENTURE. FRIENDSHIP. PLAY. COMMUNITY. INTIMACY
The lesbian couples retreat will vary in location. The idea is behind these couples retreats is to create a mixture of learning, laughing, adventure and play, friendship and community, as well as downtime and intimacy for each couple. The couples retreat will provide you with novel experiences to intrigue your senses, rich discussion and deep communication to satisfy your human need for connection, opportunities to engage in various adventures local to the destination for the retreat you select, and impactful new information and skills to elevate your relationship satisfaction and your understanding of your partner, no matter how happy you currently are.